Wednesday 22 January 2014

Food review: Pretzels

Recently, having had a short period of exams, I've been looking for something to snack on to keep my energy levels up (necessary, i promise!), although generally I'm all for ensuring that three meals do most of the work in terms of keeping you running throughout the day, I needed something to nibble before and after my exams.

After scouring my local supermarket for something vaguely different to the usual, I came across Penn State pretzels, and took them to the till, although it was a slight gamble. The only pretzels I've ever tried have been the plain, salted variety that you get on planes, and I'd never really seen the anything in them that would make me want them again.
This time, however, they have a flavour, Sour Cream and Chive, so I was more optimistic. I was curious, so I ripped open the 175g bag and popped a pretzel into my mouth, and the taste that followed was great. These are a tangy, savoury but also slightly sweet snack, that would satisfy any craving and I would definitely recommend them!




























These also come in Smokey BBQ and Original Sea Salted.
You can purchase these from most big supermarkets, they are currently on offer at £1 in both Asda and Tesco however they retail at £1.59 original price.

Next time you have a savoury craving, maybe try these out?

Yum.

Holly xo

No comments:

Post a Comment